The Online Portfolio of Derick Brooks

My photo
Williamsburg, VA, United States




RESUME
CONTACT
PORTFOLIO

All artwork Copyright Derick Brooks unless otherwise noted. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, April 20, 2012

Sendak

This is an album cover I was asked to do by a friend stepping into the music business. I took his idea and threw in my own idea of doing a play or rather an all out recreation (for better or worse) of a page from the classic 'In The Night Kitchen' by Maurice Sendak.

I really wanted to try and finish up with watercolor but it probably would have turned out to be more a disaster so I held off until I get some more practice in and went digital. The original page it came from is at the bottom.

His name is Josh Everhart and he has some fun stuff, you can check him out here http://josheverhart.bandcamp.com/



No comments: